Your Hosts at Ultimate Tanzania Safaris
UTS is co-owned by Motsomi Safaris & Infinito Safaris
Motsomi Safaris is established in 2001, a family business owned by Pieter and Ria Potgieter. Both being nature lovers and Pieter being an avid hunter decided to share their love for the African bush with people equal in their passion for nature.The sole purpose is giving our clients an unbelievable African hunting experience and to welcome them back as friends.
Our moto: “COME AS A CLIENT AND LEAVE AS A FRIEND”:
Charl started Infinito Safaris in 2003. Living his dream of building his own hunting company materialized slowly after he qualified as a Professional Hunter. From the start our motto was always to offer visiting hunters to Africa the “NEVER ENDING” Safari experience.
Charl and Erika van Rooyen have become known as one of the favorite families in the industry. Their honesty and integrity in business has become the hallmark of their operation. And they know how to have a good time!
To hunt Nalika and Mbaragandu there are a couple of commercial travel options:
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL TO DAR ES SALAAM:
(Option 1 & 2 is the best)
Fly from New York to Amsterdam (7 hours) and lay over for 2½ hours. Fly from Amsterdam to Dar Es Salaam (10 hours). Upon arriving in Dar Es Salaam, you will be met and assisted by one of our staff and taken to your 4 star hotel in Dar Es Salaam. The next morning you will fly to Songea. See details “Travel from Dar to Camp”.
Fly from New York to Dubai (12½ hours) and lay over for 2½ hours. Fly from Dubai to Dar Es Salaam (5½ hours). Upon arriving in Dar Es Salaam, you will be met and assisted by one of our staff and taken to your 4 star hotel in Dar Es Salaam. The next morning you will fly to Songea. See details “Travel from Dar to Camp”.
Fly from New York, Washington Dulles or Atlanta to Johannesburg (15 hours). Meet and Greet by Go2 Safari Concierge who takes care of everything (at a nominal fee). From clearing your rifle to getting you to the hotel room. Sleep over in Johannesburg. Fly the next day to Dar Es Salaam (4 hours). Upon arriving in Dar Es Salaam, you will be met and assisted by one of our staff and taken to your 4 star hotel in Dar Es Salaam. The next morning you will fly to Songea. See details “Travel from Dar to Camp”.
TRAVEL FROM DAR ES SALAAM TO CAMP:
Our representative will pick you up at your hotel in Dar and take you to the airport early the next morning after your international flight and assist you with your rifle and luggage. You will then fly to the closest town to camp. Upon arrival you will be met by one of our staff and driven to camp.
Take note: That flights to hunting area only fly on certain days of the week, please confirm your day of arrival in Dar es Salaam with UTS before booking a flight to Tanzania.
The Hunting Block:
Ultimate Tanzania Safaris entered into a strategic management agreement with a Tanzanian company to have full management and hunting rights to the block. The block is a community driven incentive, and our involvement in this community will be vital to the sustainability of the hunting area.
Take note that there are no cattle or people in the hunting blocks.
The big advantage of hunting this area:
It is a truly wild expansive wilderness area with Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Hippopotamus, Crocodile, Sable, Eland, Reedbuck, Waterbuck, Bushbuck, Impala, Kudu, Zebra and many more species abound.
We make it AFFORDABLE because of our unique all-inclusive pricing structure.
We make it ACCESSIBLE by getting within 5 hour drive to camp via commercial flight.
- Hunting vehicles: Are very well equipped 4×4 vehicles, rigged to make your transportation and recovery of game as effortless as possible.
- Medical: Tanzania is a malarial area and precautions must be taken. Consult your physician. Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance is mandatory. We recommend Global Rescue and please press on the link below for information.
- Visa Requirements:You will need a Visa which can be obtained at the airport but we strongly recommend doing it online by using the link below.
- Electricity: 220V AC supplied via generator. Camps do have US adapters.
– Daytime July and August 75° F to 85° F and at night 64° F to 72° F.
– Daytime September and October 85° F to 95° F and at night 70° F to 80° F.
- Hunting Regulations:
– Hunting season 1 July – 31 December, driest period July to mid November.
– No hunting of female, young or immature animals.
– Hunting is only to be conducted in the daylight hours.
– Hunting is strictly regulated by a quota system there for we need to know what your wish list is to ensure quota is available.